A Sweet Bread Dough, spread with Nutella, packed full of Mini Marshmallows, Crunchy Biscuit pieces, and Chocolate Chips – Heaven!
So, a couple of months ago I posted a couple of sweet bread recipes – my Lemon & Blueberry Sweet Rolls, swiftly followed by my Sticky Chocolate Sweet Rolls – and I LOVE these recipes, and stats say that you guys do too! I’ll admit from the off that they’re slightly faffy recipes that do take some time, but they’re SO worth it if you can stick to it, and wait long enough for the bread to rise! However, to encourage you guys even more to try some of my sweet bread recipes I decided to post this beauty as its a firm Family favourite, and I know you all love Nutella & S’mores 😉
You can see from the photos how gooey, sweet and delicious the bread is – and of course how utterly irresistible it is! When freshly baked its SUPER delicious, and pulling apart the different layers and seeing how full it is of Chocolate chips, marshmallows and biscuits makes it that much more addictive – I struggled not to eat half of the bread myself!
S’mores is one of those things that I ADORE and can never get over how yummy they are – and as Halloween and Campfire season is approaching swiftly I thought posting a recipe like this now as ideal – its something you can enjoy at the weekend with your family, or something to treat yourself with on your day off! Basically – there is no reason to say no to baking this – its much easier than you think to bake, and its totally worth the time in the end!
1) Sift the flour into a large bowl, and add the caster sugar and yeast. Mix so they are all even distributed! Rub the butter into the mixture until it resembles fine breadcrumbs! (If you’re feeling lazy, then whizz these ingredients in a food processor until breadcrumbs)
2) Heat the milk gently until warm, it should just about start steaming in the pan – mix the milk and the egg into dough and mix/knead for 7-10 minutes. I use my KitchenAid with the dough hook, it only takes 7 minutes to knead! It should spring back when touched (Like a cake does when cooked!)
3) Move to a lightly oiled bowl and cover with clingfilm – leave in a warm place and leave to rise for 1-2 hours or until it has doubled in size (I made these on a relatively chilly day so it took the full two hours, sometimes it can take longer!)
4) Prep your 2lb (900g) Loaf tin by buttering it and lining it with parchment paper on the bottom and the sides!
5) Once risen, remove the dough from the bowl and roll out onto a lightly floured work surface. I rolled mine to roughly 50cmX30cm. (20″X12″)
6) Microwave the Nutella for about 20 seconds so that it loosens and is runnier – spread carefully over the rolled out dough so that its evenly spread, but don’t rip the dough! Sprinkle over the Chocolate Chips, Mini Marshmallows, and Crushed Biscuit pieces and pat down so that they stick to the Nutella!
7) Carefully cut the dough into squares that are the size of the width & depth of your tin – for example, if your tin was 6cm deep and 8cm in width, then roughly cut them to that size, don’t worry about the length of your tin – it doesn’t have to be exact, as the dough will rise in the oven!
8) Line your squares of dough up next to each other in the tin so that they all sandwich together like sliced bread – when all the dough is in, shake it about a little tiny bit so it all sits well in the tin and cover again with cling film – leave for an hour to rise again.
9) Towards the end of the hour heat the oven to 180C – Once the hour is up, bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top and cooked through! Leave to cool. Remove from the tin, and enjoy!
Tips and Ideas
You don’t have to use Nutella – you can use whatever spread you like – but a Chocolatey one works best as its melts properly! And you can use less Chocolate Chips or Mini Marshmallows etc as you like – but it does make it all gooey and delicious (And super s’moresy)!
This is best eaten on the day of baking, but can be kept overnight in an airtight container at room temperature – it’ll still be gooey the next day too!
Find my other Bread & Chocolatey recipes on my Recipes Page!