A Creamy, Chocolatey, Sweet, and delicious No-Bake Honeycomb Cheesecake using Cadbury’s Crunchies – heaven!
Hi, I’m Jane, and I’m a Cheesecake Addict. Not joking, its all I ever want to bake – there is at least one made every week in my house, and this is one of the few bakes that I don’t pass off onto my parents work colleagues! My family manage to eat them all! (You can tell we are healthy.) But seriously, I love them. I had so many requests for this one that I couldn’t resist – why would I want to disappoint my readers? 😉
The base is crunchy and sweet from a mixture of Digestive biscuits, and Crushed Honeycomb Crunchie Bars – the perfect combination. The topping is creamy, sweet, and the ever so slight hint of the chocolate is a marriage made in heaven with the chunks of Crunchie that are dotted about inside.
I have decorated my Cheesecake in classic Jane’s Patisserie style, with delicious freshly whipped cream, an insane amount of Chocolate Drizzle, and of course… more crunchie! (I did worry that the lady at the checkout was judging me when I bought 3 multipacks of Crunchies, but who cares – its so yummy! Next time I will use self-service!) But of course the decorating like this is optional – I just love it like this!
I obviously have my most popular recipe on the blog being my No-Bake Caramel Rolo Cheesecake, but this one was inspired by my No-Bake Chocolate Malteser Cheesecake and No-Bake Toblerone Cheesecake. They’re both chocolatey, and have a chocolate bar theme – but I wanted to make this different enough to justify another recipe – and I think I managed it (Hello honeycomb in the base – yum!) But seriously, I really hope you guys like this one as much as the others – my family definitely did, and so did I!
This serves 10-12!
– 200g Digestives
– 130g Crunchies – (x4 multipack = 130g)
– 130g Butter, Melted
– 400g Cream Cheese – I used Full-Fat Mascarpone
– 100g Icing Sugar
– 300ml Double Cream
– 250g Milk Chocolate, chopped
– 130g Crunchies – (x4 multipack = 130g)
To Decorate – Optional
– Whipped Cream
– 1-2 Crunchies, chopped
– 50g Chocolate, melted
1) To make the Cheesecake Base – melt the butter in the microwave on short bursts on in a small pan over a medium heat – Blitz the biscuits and Crunchies in a food processor to a small crumb, add the melted butter, and pulse a few times until it is combined well. Tip into a 8 inch/20cm Springform cake tin and press down firmly – chill in the refrigerator whilst you do the rest!
2) To make the Cheesecake Filling – Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, stirring gently or microwave in short bursts until fully melted – leave to cool slightly whilst doing the rest.
3) With an electric mixer (I used my KitchenAid) Whisk the Cream Cheese and Icing sugar until combined – pour in the liquid double cream and continue to Whip the Cream Cheese/Cream Mixture until it is starting to thicken a lot like a Mousse does (I use speed 6/10 on my KitchenAid)
4) Whilst mixing, pour in the melted chocolate and Whip again until thick – It will hold it self completely when finished whipping – It won’t take too long as the chocolate will harden quickly and cause it to thicken.
5) Chop up the second bunch of Crunchies and fold through the mixture – Pour the mix on to the biscuit base, smooth over, cover, and chill in the fridge for at least 5-6 hours hours or preferably overnight.
6) To decorate the Cheesecake – Remove the cheesecake from the tin, and decorate with some whipped cream, even more crushed Crunchies, and some melted chocolate!
Tips and Ideas
I always set my cheesecakes in the fridge overnight otherwise they risk being a little runny still and slipping off the biscuit base but if you want to risk it then go for it!
As I said in the ingredients list, I used Mascarpone for this cheesecake – this is because I find that the mascarpone lightens it slightly and gives it a much creamier taste – and because my supermarket had sold out of Philadelphia! However you could easily make this cheesecake with 400g of all Philadelphia for example, you just have to make sure that it is Full-Fat cream cheese so you know its going to set!
*You can also use what biscuits you like – But I like the combination of the Digestives and the sweet taste of the Honeycomb Bars crushed together. If using just Digestives for example then use 300g of Biscuits, and 150g Butter.
This Cheesecake will last covered in the fridge for 3 days!
Find my other Cheesecake recipes on my Recipes Page!