A Simple yet Decadent Dessert for any occasion – Chocolatey Cookie Base, Creamy Sweet Filling, and even more Cookies on top!
Ever since I posted my recipe for my Individual Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Desserts a few months ago, I have wanted to post a Larger Dessert that also involves cookies, but is maybe a tad more irresistible then other desserts can be… this led to this utter beauty. A soft & chewy cookie base and side, full to the brim with Chocolate Chunks, topped with a Creamy, Sweet, and delicious Mascarpone & Cream filling – and topped with the world favourite Oreos, and more chocolate. HOW AMAZING DOES THAT SOUND!
Seriously though, I love this dessert. I have seen many american recipes and ideas that involve pies and such, which I would never have originally thought of as a pie, but how my mind has changed! They’re all amazing! I have SO many more ideas for desserts, I hope you don’t mind!
I am OBSESSED with Cookies, and my personal favourite of my recipes is my Chocolate Orange Cookies recipe. I did contemplate making a giant one of those, but I thought this was better! I have worked on this recipe for some time, as I always wanted to get the Giant Cookie Base to perfection and I believe this recipe is the one, and I have now baked it countless times without fault! It has a soft base so that it doesn’t go to solid in the fridge when being stored, but the edges are slightly crispier to get the yummy cookieness, and to hold all the filling!
Not only do the Oreos on top look impressive, but they’re a world favourite in my opinion. However, I do understand that not all people like them – so simply sub them for your other favourite biscuits, or even bake some cookies or shortbreads to use instead!
The filling is a sort of Cheesecakey filling, but I like to use Mascarpone & Cream in this because I find the Mascarpone suits it better, and is more creamy in my opinion! The Cookie will rise evenly when baking, but when you remove it from the oven, it’ll sink back slightly in the middle, leaving the perfect amount of room for all the delicious filling! If you bake this recipe then let me know how you get on, I hope you love it all as much as I did!
This serves 10-12!
– 140g Unsalted Butter, Softened
– 75g Caster Sugar
– 125g Light Brown Sugar
– 1 Medium Egg, Beaten
– 1tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
– 210g Plain Flour
– 3/4tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
– 1/2tsp Salt
– 175g Milk Chocolate, Chopped
– 200ml Double Cream
– 250g Mascarpone (I used Lighter Mascarpone)
– 100g Icing Sugar
– 1/2tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
– 12 Oreos
– Crushed Oreos
– Chocolate Curls
1) Preheat your oven to 170C, and grease a 8-9″ Quiche/Tart tin with butter – leave to the side.
2) Using a stand mixer (or a wooden spoon and elbow grease) cream together the Butter and Sugars until soft and creamy – can take up to a minute!
3) Mix together the Egg and Vanilla, and beat slowly into the Sugar mix until all combined well.
4) Add in the Flour, Bicarbonate of Soda, and Salt and mix again till combined, shouldn’t take too long at all! Once combined, add in the Chopped Chocolate and fold through till even.
5) Press down the Cookie Dough with your hands into the Tart tin and bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes until golden on top, and cooked through. Leave to cool in the tin completely!
6) Once cooled completely, using a separate bowl and an electric whisk, whisk together the Cream, Mascarpone, Icing Sugar, and Vanilla for 2-3 minutes until thickened considerably and mousse like – its not essential for it to hold itself like a meringue, just to be thick!
7) Remove the Giant Cookie from the tin, and Fill with the Cream mixture! Add in the Oreos, and sprinkle with crushed cookies, and more chocolatey bits! ENJOY!
Tips and Ideas
This dessert should be kept covered, and in the fridge for up to 3 days!
This delicious dessert is best on the day its served, and if you find the cookie is quite hard around the edges once baked, remove from the Fridge about 10 minutes before serving so its not quite so cold and easier to cut! (If the cookie is baked correctly, this won’t be a problem!)
You can always use dark/white chocolate, but Milk is my all time favourite!
Seriously – look how DELICIOUS this is!
Find my other Dessert & Cookie Recipes on my Recipes Page!