Moist & Chocolatey Brownies with a hint of Orange, dotted with Chocolate Orange Chunks and even more Chocolate Chips!
It’s not secret that I adore Chocolate Orange – I already have four other Chocolate orange recipes on my blog, so I think that says it all really… One of my first recipes to get seriously popular was my Chocolate Orange Cookies, which are amazing btw ;), and then every other recipe after that… My favourite being my No-Bake Chocolate Orange Cheesecake! Anyway, these brownies are AMAZING.
The delicious texture and moistness of a Brownie is heaven in a bite, and with the addition of the Chocolate Orange, these are utter perfection in my opinion.
I always find using different brownie recipes is a good thing, and I love to test other brownie recipes out – some fail completely, and some you just don’t want to mess with! This one is a bit of a hybrid from many brownie recipes that I use, so marrying that with the orange flavouring seemed perfect!
This makes 16 Brownies!
– 195g Unsalted Butter
– 195g Dark Chocolate, chopped ip
– 4 Medium Eggs
– 275g Caster Sugar
– 90g Plain Flour
– 35g Cocoa Powder
– Zest of 1 Large Orange
– 1x 175g Terry’s Chocolate Orange, chopped up
– 50g White Chocolate Chips
1) Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan and line a 20cmx20cm (8x8inch) Square baking tray with parchment paper.
2) Melt together the Butter, and Dark Chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water, on the microwave for 1-2 minutes until melted. Leave to the side to cool to room temperature!
3) Using an electric whisk/stand mixer, whisk together the Eggs & Caster Sugar for a few minutes until the colour has turned pale, is very mousse like, and is double the original volume of the amount of eggs + sugar! You will know its done because when you lift the whisk up out of the mix it should leave a trail for a couple of seconds before disappearing!
4) When whisked, pour the cooled chocolate mix over eggs and fold together carefully. It might take some time, but be patient – you don’t want to knock out the air you made up on the previous step!
5) Once completely combined, sift the cocoa powder and plain flour on top of the chocolate mix, add the orange zest, and then fold together again – still be careful to not knock out the air!
6) Once combined well, fold through the Chocolate Orange Chunks, and chocolate chips and pour into the prepared tin – bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes! Once baked, leave to cool in the tin completely.
Tips and Ideas
If you can’t find Terry’s Chocolate Orange anywhere, then use the same weight in Milk Chocolate, with zest of another Orange!
Warm these up in the microwave and serve with some ice-cream, a delicious dessert for any occasion!
These will last in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks!
You can find my other Brownie & Chocolate Orange Recipes on my Recipes Page!