Super Chocolatey Chocolate Chip Brownies Swirled with Speculoos Biscoff Cookie Butter Spread!
Cookie Butter is a delightful treat, that is so seriously addictive if you like it I wonder whats actually in it some times – how can something be THAT good?! However, if you’re not a fan, thats not a problem, there are plenty of other flavours and spreads out there that you can use instead!
The other day I saw a glorious post on Buzzfeed about Cookie Butter Brownies – and my god did this make me crave some! I seriously had to have a go at it with one of my own Brownie recipes and it did not disappoint! You can see the Buzzfeed post here.
Brownies, as you may have already read on my blog, are one of my favourite things to eat & bake. They are chocolatey, gooey, fudgey, and perfect (especially when you warm them up in the microwave and add a dollop of ice-cream!) The Brownie recipe I use in this recipe is the same recipe that I use in my Cheesecake Brownies as they worked so well being swirled with another flavour that it seemed appropriate to use it again!
Seriously though… Cookie Butter + Brownies = YESYESYES.
This makes 16 squares!
– 150g Milk Chocolate, Melted
– 250g Butter
– 350g Golden Caster Sugar
– 4 Large Eggs
– 75g Plain Flour
– 75g Cocoa Powder
– 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
– Pinch of Salt
– 175g Chocolate Chips, Milk/White/Dark
– 150g Lotus Biscuits, chopped up
– 1/2-3/4 Jar Smooth Cookie Butter Spread
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan and grease & line a 9×9″ Tin with parchment paper.
2) Melt the 150g Chocolate and leave to cool slightly whilst the rest is made.
3) Beat the butter & sugar thoroughly until light and fluffy, I use my KitchenAid! Add the eggs one at a time and continue to mix well (if it looks like its starting to curdle/split add a few spoonfuls of the flour)
4) Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, melted chocolate and salt and fold together – fold in the chocolate chips and Lotus biscuits in and pour into the tin. – Make sure you do NOT overmix the mixture as it will not bake correctly, and might ruin the taste!!
5) Put the Cookie Butter into a heatproof bowl/jug and microwave for 20-30 seconds until liquidy – pour over the Brownies and then swirl through the mixture with the end of a cake skewer.
6) Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean, and leave to cool fully in the tin.
Tips and Ideas
I like too use the Biscoff spread that I find in my local supermarket – as I’m from the UK its not so widely available compared to other parts of the world, but in the UK you can find it in the Jam/Spreads isle near such things as Nutella!
If you don’t like Biscoff spread then use a different on such as Nutella, or even peanut butter in the same way!
These will last in an airtight container for 3-4 days (if they last that long!)
My other Cookie Butter Recipes
You can find my other Traybake & Brownie Recipes on my Recipes Page!