Fresh Strawberries, Chopped Hazelnut, and a Delicious Chocolatey Filling in a Sweet Shortcrust Pastry Case – Deeeeelicious.
I have made a few Tart & Dessert recipes in my short time doing this blog, and I have really neglected doing many more, which I realise I should have done sooner. I have made so many Cheesecakes which are lovely and all, but I realise that some people dooo actually want something different! And this, this will make up for that!
The combination of Strawberries & Chocolate has always been my utter Downfall, I would eat some fresh Strawberries with a bowl of melted Chocolate every time I felt crappy, and this was quite often, so you can imagine the amount I have eaten over my time! This led me to create this beauty. I realise that Nutella is a Hazelnut Chocolate spread, but after the success of my Ferrero Rocher & Nutella Chocolate Tart I didn’t want to do the same – I wanted to try it with fresh nuts instead!
The combination of the chopped nuts inside the thick Chocolatey Ganache is sooo tempting and moreish I won’t be surprised that you will want more than one slice. The Fresh Strawberries are the perfect match, especially as they’re at their peak right now, and the crispy sweetness of the Pastry makes this the ideal Summer Dessert – have a go!
This recipes serves 12!
– 1x Sweet Shortcrust Pastry Pack
– 175g Plain Flour
– 100g Cold Butter, diced
– 1tbsp Icing Sugar
– 1 Egg Yolk
– 300g Milk Chocolate, Chopped up
– 100g Dark Chocolate, Chopped up
– 300ml Double Cream
– 1 punnet Strawberries
– Chopped Hazelnuts
1) For the Pastry – Rub the Flour and Butter together until breadcrumbs are formed – slightly time consuming but worth it. You don’t want the butter to be warm as the pastry won’t work! Add the Sugar and mix in. Add the Egg Yolk & 1tbsp cold water and mix with your hands until combined and the egg is distributed well – the pastry should be smooth and a solid colour.
2) Grease a Pie/Tart Tin with butter and lightly flour it – Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface so its about 1-2 £1 coins in thickness. Line the Tart tin with the pastry as neatly as you can – it doesn’t matter if it cracks slightly as you can plug the gaps with other pastry. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
3) Preheat the over to 200C/180C Fan – If using pre-made pastry then simply grease & flour the tin like above, then line with the pastry. Line the pastry case with some Greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans/rice – you NEED to line it with paper first otherwise the weight will bake into the case and obviously be uneatable.
4) Bake the case in the oven for 15 minutes – once done, remove the paper & beans and bake for a further 5 minutes until it is cooked completely. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.
5) For the Filling – Melt the Chocolate’s in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water – don’t let the water touch the bowl as it’ll be too hot, you want the steam of the water to melt the chocolate through the bowl. Once melted, remove from the heat and stir in the cream! Add some of the Chopped Hazelnuts now if you like, or just use to decorate.
6) Pour the Chocolate Mix into the case and place the washed & chopped strawberries into it – sprinkle over the Chopped Hazelnuts and refrigerate until set!
Tips and Ideas
This tart will last covered in the fridge for 2-3 days – but it never lasts this long in my house.
You can used all milk chocolate, or all dark chocolate – but I think the mixture of both gives the perfect taste, otherwise its too heavy! And you can obviously use other nuts or fruit too – but I loooove this combination!
You can find my other Tart & Dessert Recipes on my Recipes Page!