Deliciously Cream Lemon Posset on top of a Crumbly Biscuit Base – Yummy alternative to a Classic Dessert and No Baking is Required!
I have always adored Lemon Posset as its so simple yet simple scrumptious. Who knew that combining sugar, cream & Lemon could lead to something SO good?! I however always crave something biscuity with my Lemon Posset’s so decided to ramp up the standard recipe a tad and make it into a Lemon Posset Tart! And do you know what this means? It’s Basically just a No-Bake Lemon Tart and who doesn’t love that idea!
I realise that this looks a lot like a Cheesecake but its not, its simpler then that and easier! 🙂 I simply used a standard Cheesecake base of 300g of biscuits to 150g of melted butter, and topped it with all of the Lemon Posset mixture – easy! I find that Possets in general are a very easy dessert – the ratio of 200ml of cream too 1 lemon zest is what works best, and its deeeelicious!
You can obviously just make this in to individual Posset’s leaving out the biscuit base, or even serve them individually! If I do that, I usually make 8-10 portions of of this mixture! 🙂
This recipe serves 10-12!
– 300g Biscuits – I used Digestives!
– 150g Butter, melted
– 600ml Double Cream
– 200g Caster Sugar
– Zest 3 lemons
– 75ml Lemon Juice
– Whipped Cream
– Zest of 1 Lemon
– 1tbsp Caster Sugar
1) Blitz the biscuits in a food processor and add the melted butter, pulse together until combined. Spread onto the bottom of an 8″ Springform Cake Tin and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2) Pour the double cream and sugar into a large pan and heat on the hob gently, stir till the sugar has dissolved. Turn the heat up (medium heat max!) and heat the mixture till it starts to boil gently, stir frequently to stop the mixture from catching on the bottom – let it boil for 1 minute and then turn off the heat.
3) Stir in the lemon zest and juice and pour onto the biscuit base – refrigerate for 6+ hours, or preferably overnight so it has time to set properly!
4) Once set decorate how you please – I mix the zest of 1 lemon with caster sugar to make a Lemon Sand – but its up to you!
Tips and Ideas
This is obviously a giant Posset so it takes longer to set then Posset’s in individual glasses so be patient with the setting!
If you want to try a different Citrus flavour then go ahead! Just make sure you stick to the same amount of Zest and Juice so that it will still set! 🙂
This will last in the fridge, covered, for 3 days!
Find my other Dessert Recipes on my Recipes Page!