Creamy Chocolatey Toblerone Cheesecake, with a Buttery Biscuity Base – and its No-Bake!
After the downright and utter success of my No-Bake Caramel Rolo Cheesecake and my No-Bake Chocolate Orange Cheesecake I realised I had to experiment on more ‘branded’ chocolate cheesecakes that SO many people are asking for.. such as this beauty. I literally cannot count how many people have asked for this recipe so I hope its okay!
I decided that it was easy to use a Chocolate base flavour for the Cheesecake as it would suit the flavour of the Toblerone, and Chocolate is super yummy anyway! I loved that in my No-Bake Caramel Rolo Cheesecake it had chopped up Rolo’s running through it so that seemed entirely appropriate for this Cheesecake as well and OH MY it worked so damn well! I might’ve eaten a good fewww spoonfuls of the mixture before it went on the Cheesecake Base to set… my bad!
I couldn’t resist another Cheesecake purely because of the amount of requests for them, and I have even more planned. The thing I adore about Toblerone is that I ate an insane amount of this when I was on holiday in Switzerland (funnily enough) as going up mountains and going walking/trekking every day was making me so light headed and such as that the Chocolate was the perfect pickmeup. (This was my excuse anyway.)
This cheesecake has a delightful Buttery Biscuit Base, topped with a creamy and YUMMY Toblerone cheesecake filling, and decorated with even more – whats not to like?! Please try this recipe and let me know what you think! 🙂
This recipe serves 10-12!
– 300g Digestives/Graham Crackers
– 150g Butter, Melted
– 225g Milk Chocolate
– 400g Cream Cheese, I use 250g Mascarpone & 150g Philadelphia (both full-fat!)
– 125g Icing Sugar
– 300ml Double Cream
– 200g Toblerone, Chopped
– Melted Chocolate
– Whipped Cream
1) To Make the Biscuit Base – Blitz the biscuits in a food processor to a small crumb, add the melted butter, and pulse a few times until it is combined well. Tip into a 8 inch/20cm Deep Springform cake tin and press down firmly – chill in the refrigerator whilst you do the rest!
2) For the Cheesecake Filling – Melt the Milk Chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, stirring gently or microwave in short bursts until fully melted – leave to cool slightly whilst doing the rest.
3) With an electric mixer (I used my KitchenAid) Mix the Cream Cheese’s and icing sugar together until smooth – pour in the liquid double cream and continue to Whip the Cream Cheese/Cream Mixture until it is starting to thicken a lot like a Mousse does! See the picture below for an idea of how thick, it literally doesn’t move! (sorry for the poor quality!)
4) Whilst mixing, pour in the melted chocolate and Whip again until VERY thick – It will hold it self completely when finished whipping. See the picture below for an idea of how thick, it literally doesn’t move! (sorry for the poor quality!)
5) Chop up the Toblerone and fold through the cheesecake mix – pour onto the biscuit base and spread evenly. Leave to set in the fridge, covered, for 4-5 hours, or preferably over night!
6) To decorate the Cheesecake – Remove the cheesecake from the tin, and decorate with some melted chocolate, whipped cream, and some extra Toblerone!
Tips and Ideas
If you’re a fan of the Almond flavour of the Toblerone, you can add 50g or so of blitzed almonds to the base so you have a more increased flavouring!
I always set my cheesecakes in the fridge overnight otherwise they risk being a little runny still and slipping off the biscuit base but if you want to risk it then go for it! If you think its not setting, 99% of the time its because you didnt whip it enough! 🙂 I would also 100% recommend using Full-Fat cream cheese and cream if you’re going to be taking it out of a tin, and not setting it in cups for example as it needs the fat content to set!
This Cheesecake will last covered in the fridge for 3 days!
P.S. sorrynotsorry for another cheesecake recipe.
Find my other Cheesecake recipes on my Recipes Page!