Deliciously creamy Chocolate Orange Cheesecake perfect for Dessert and an Afternoon Treat!
If you hadn’t already noticed from following my blog, or especially my Instagram, I ADORE Chocolate, but especially Terry’s Chocolate Orange chocolate. I literally have no idea why so much, other than it being utterly amazing and one of the best things ever.
I have posted this recipe before, but I tried it again and tried something a little different basing it on my No-Bake Caramel Rolo Cheesecake and my No-Bake Speculoos Cookie Butter Cheesecake, so have reposted with a few changes! 🙂
This recipe is super easy to make, its a no-bake recipe and you will want to make it over and over and over!
The good thing about this sort of thing is that if you don’t have Terry’s chocolate where you are, you can easily substitute it for normal plain or milk chocolate and add orange zest or flavouring too it to make it equally as delicious! I also adore a thick and buttery biscuit base on my cheesecakes which you might have noticed, but the amount of filling makes it a perfect match!
This recipe makes an 8″/20cm cheesecake
Serves 8-10 decent sized slices
– 150g butter
– 300g digestives/hobnobs
– 400g cream cheese (full fat preferably, I use Philadelphia)
– 200ml double cream
– 75g icing sugar
– 2x 175g Terry’s Chocolate Orange
– Zest of 1 orange
– 1tbsp Caster Sugar
– Chocolate orange segments
– Grated Chocolate
1) To make the cheesecake base – melt the butter in the microwave on short bursts on in a small pan over a medium heat until fully melted.
2) Blitz the biscuits in a food processor to a small crumb or in a bag with the end of a rolling pin, add the butter, and mix until it is combined well. Tip into a 8 inch/20cm cake tin and press down firmly – chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
3) To make the cheesecake filling – Melt one of the Chocolate orange’s in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, stirring gently or microwave in short bursts until fully melted – leave to cool slightly whilst doing the rest.
4) With an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese, double cream, icing sugar, and melted Chocolate Orange together until it is thick and moussey and well combined.
5) Pour the mix on to the biscuit base, smooth over, cover, and chill in the fridge for 5-6 hours, or preferably overnight.
6) To decorate the cheesecake – Sprinkle on some orange zest sugar (Mix together the Orange zest and caster sugar until the sugar turns orange and its combined!), and then using the second chocolate orange, melt a few segments and drizzle over the cheesecake, and add some grated chocolate or some segments to finish!
Tips and Ideas
You could easily half the recipe used to make a smaller cheesecake, I prefer to make this size because it is always eaten so quickly and is so delicious!
You can serve this with a splash of cream or just on its own – its utterly delicious and so easy to make!
This recipe will last covered in the fridge for 3-4 days! 🙂
P.s. Its utterly delicious, so don’t be surprised if you eat the whole thing yourself.
Find my other Cheesecake recipes on my Recipes Page!