Deliciously Chocolatey and Gooey Brownies mixed with a Swirl of Vanilla Baked Cheesecake – So yummy!
I have a few Brownie Recipes on my blog now, but my boyfriend keeps on asking for more! More experiments, more of the same, an overload of chocolate, something gooey, something dense, just SO MUCH. Therefore, to keep him sweet I thought the experimentation side of things would work perfectly – Hello Cheesecake Brownies!
I’m not going to lie, these are truly scrumptious – Cheesecake is my favourite dessert, as you might well have noticed! And Brownies are my ideal chocolatey treat – therefore the combination is just epic. These are so simple to make, and practically foolproof! Mixing the brownie ingredients very similar to a cake mix, and the cheesecake mix being mixed together in seconds its so simple! No mousse like egg mixture, no folding the mixture carefully, so simple!
My trusty taste-testers adored these, even my Dad who has gone off chocolate! I had to make a special delivery to a couple of friends as well with another few batches, and the batches came out the same every time! Truth be told, the first time I ever made these they were gobbled up in seconds still warm, no time for photos!
I adore serving these with a dollop of homemade Vanilla Ice-cream, or a quenelle or Chantilly Cream – the perfect combination for a dessert after a delicious dinner!
This recipes makes 16 brownies!
– 150g Milk Chocolate, Melted
– 250g Butter
– 350g Golden Caster Sugar
– 4 Large Eggs
– 75g Plain Flour
– 75g Cocoa Powder
– 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
– Pinch of Salt
– 175g Chocolate Chips, Milk/White/Dark
– 175g Cream Cheese
– 25g Golden Caster Sugar
– 1 Egg
– 1tbsp Plain Flour
– 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan and grease & line a 10″ Tin with parchment paper.
2) Melt the 150g Chocolate and leave to cool slightly whilst the rest is made.
3) Beat the butter & sugar thoroughly until light and fluffy, I use my KitchenAid! Add the eggs one at a time and continue to mix well (if it looks like its starting to curdle/split add a few spoonfuls of the flour)
4) Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, melted chocolate and salt and mix – fold in the chocolate chips and pour into the tin.
5) Loosen the cream cheese in a separate bowl, then add the egg, sugar, flour and vanilla and mix till combined – try not to overmix!
6) Spoon the cheesecake mixture onto the brownies and swirl about – it may look like a lot of cheesecake mix but you can swirl it as much as you want really!
7) Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean, and leave to cool fully in the tin.
8) These will last in the fridge in an airtight container for 5-6 days (if they last that long!)
Tips and Ideas
This recipe is based around a BBC Good Food recipe – I altered in slightly to suit my tastes!
Because of the addition of the cheesecake mixture to these brownies I like just leaving the addition of chocolate chips, no nuts! However, I have made some with pecans and they tasted delicious! Just add an additional 50g or so and it’ll taste splendid!
ENJOY! P.s. Brownies & Cheesecake in one? Hello Heaven!
Find my other Brownie recipes on my Recipes Page!