These Brownies are truly irresistible and utterly delicious – have I caught your attention now? This is seriously my go-to recipe for Brownies, I have never found one more successful than this one, and that’s saying something! They are chocolate, gooey, nutty and PERFECT! Also – they’re so easy! You could use the recipe and add pretty much anything you like on top, but I always think Oreo’s are a winner, especially on social media, the public love them!
I have always wondered the Oreo obsession, and don’t get me wrong I know that some people don’t like them, and my family go through phases of loving them to not being that fussed… but me? I just love them.
I always believe that Brownies are an all round winner even if you don’t like chocolate – you could make lemony themed, cheesecake flavoured, and Blondie themed! You could have them in a tin lying around the house, or use them for a delicious afternoon treat – seriously one of the best treats around.
When cooking a dinner for my family and I am short for time, I often use brownies as my dessert with a dollop of homemade Ice-Cream or some Mascarpone Cream – SO YUMMY!
– 200g margarine/butter (plus extra)
– 175g light brown sugar
– 175g caster sugar
– 4 eggs
– 100g plain flour
– 50g cocoa powder
– 125g white chocolate
– 125g milk chocolate
– 150g pecan nuts/walnuts
– One pack of Oreo’s
1) Heat your oven to 190C/180C Fan and grease and line your baking tin with parchment paper
2) Melt the margarine/butter in a pan then mix in the sugars
3) Mix the eggs in a separate bowl, then add the sugar/butter mixture and mix thoroughly
4) Sieve the flour and cocoa powder on top and mix well again
5) Mix in the chocolate and nuts and pour into the tin
6) Break the Oreo’s down slightly to add a messy affect or put them on whole and add them on top of the mixture
7) Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until cooked, not wobbly, but gooey!
Tips and Ideas
If you are finding that your brownies are always incredibly gooey and almost not cooking through – it might be because you are over mixing or leaving it too long before you bake the mixture. I find that with brownies it’s best to act as soon as possible and mix as little as possible and you will get the perfect Brownies!
I base this recipe on a Hairy Bikers Brownie recipe – seriously love those guys!
P.s. The most moorish brownies you will ever find!!