This recipe is very similar to my No-Bake Chocolate Crunch Cheesecake as it is based on it – I just got bored one day and decided to embellish my recipe into a pistachio version and HELLO its utterly delicious! I thought it would be easier to create a new recipe for it on its own, rather than having the two recipes on the No-Bake Chocolate Crunch Cheesecake page so here it is!
The chocolate filling is so utterly creamy and delicious that my adoring Taste-Testers are obsessed with it – and always want another cheesecake in the fridge when its finished! The pistachios compliments the filing perfectly!
This recipe serves 10-12 people
– 100g butter
– 150g chocolate digestives
– 150g oreos
– 75g finely chopped pistachios
– 150ml double cream
– 200g cream cheese (I always use Philadelphia or lighter mascarpone)
– 2 tablespoons icing sugar
– 85g dark chocolate
– 85g milk chocolate
– 75g chopped pistachios
– Chocolate nibs
– Whipped cream/clotted cream
1) To make the cheesecake base – melt the butter in the microwave on short bursts on in a small pan over a medium heat.
2) Blitz the biscuits in a food processor to a small crumb, add the butter and pistachios, and pulse a few times until it is combined well. Tip into a 8 inch/20cm cake tin and press down firmly – chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
3) Melt the two chocolate’s in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, stirring gently or microwave in short bursts until fully melted – leave to cool slightly whilst doing the rest.
4) In a different bowl, mix the soft cheese with the icing sugar until well combined.
5) In a separate bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks (until it holds itself) and then fold the cream into the melted chocolate.
6) Once combined, fold the mascarpone into the chocolate/cream mix until smooth and delicious.
7) Pour the mix on to the biscuit base, smooth over, sprinkle on the chocolate nibs and chopped pistachios, cover, and chill in the fridge for at least 5-6 hours or overnight.
8) To serve I either put some more whipped cream on, or some dollops of clotted cream!
Tips and Ideas
My cheesecake bases tend to be reasonably thick because I loooove the butter biscuity base and it compliments the cheesecake filling so well!
You could change the pistachios to another nut, or half & half it – its up to you! But I honestly believe the pistachios suit it perfectly!
P.s. Its nutty, chocolate, cheesecakey goodness!