Now, I realise this is the recipe you have been waiting for, as you know.. even by the name you want it. I teased my Instagram followers with a picture of this last week and with many messages basically saying “WE NEED THE RECIPE” I thought I would stop teasing and let you have it all.
Also, with Valentines coming up, this dessert would be PERFECT for a night in with your loved on, or a friends if you’re not doing anything fancy! This recipe is super delicious and utterly addictive – serves well with ice cream and a drizzle of melted chocolate – utter chocolate overload but on the most loving day of the year, you’re allowed!
I served my Cookie Dough desserts with my Chocolate, Cookies ‘N Cream Ice-Cream (No-churn recipe) – Perfect Combination!!
This recipe makes 4 portions – I usually mix it all and keep two spare for another day by freezing!
– 125g Butter
– 100g light brown sugar
– 100g caster sugar
– 1 egg
– 1/2 tsp vanilla
– 175g self raising flour
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 75g white chocolate chips
– 75g milk chocolate chips
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/175C Fan/400F
2) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and both of the sugars until light and fluffy
3) Add the egg and the vanilla essence and mix well
4) Add the flour, salt, and chocolate chips and mix well until it comes together to form a lovely sticky cookie dough
5) If it doesn’t quite come together then use a splash of milk to get the right texture!
6) Divide the mixture into 4 bowls/trays – I use shallow creme brûlée dishes as I find them perfect to serve in, but if you don’t have any then you can use foil trays as well! (If you only want to cook two portions, then you can refrigerate or freeze the left over cookie dough for another day!)
7) Place the cookie dough in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden on top and just cooked through in the middle – the gooier the better!
8) Remove from the oven and let it cool for a couple of minutes and then serve with a giant dollop of ice cream!
Tips and Ideas
For me and my Boyfriend, this is our favourite dessert to have at home, especially on Valentines as it is so gooey, so chocolatey, and so utterly scrumptious.
You could swap out the chocolate for all white chocolate, all milk chocolate etc – its whatever you want really!
I’m not sure about the rest of the world, but in the UK at Pizza Hut you can buy cookie dough desserts – this is very similar to that! And you can make it at home yourself!
P.s. If you cook all four portions for two people, you might overdose on cookie dough… If thats possible.