I thought that as Valentines day is coming up, and if you are with someone, or on your own, or with friends and family, you would adore to have some Ice-cream! This recipe is another very easy no-churn recipe, similar to my Mint Chocolate Chunk Ice-cream so it is very easy to make, you don’t have to churn it half way through the freezing, and its so incredibly addictive you will want to make more and more!
The beauty of a recipe like this is that you can adapt to how you like – I use Oreo’s in my recipe, but if you’re not a fan, you could easily change it to different cookies or different flavoured ones! I also change what I use to make it a Chocolate Ice-cream… You can either use Nutella (SO TASTY) or any chocolate spread you like (My other favourite is Cadburys) – It is so adaptable you can’t fail with it!
The best bit you may ask? It takes 4 easy steps to make – thats it! So easy.
– 2 tbsp chocolate spread
– 1x pack of oreos – chopped up into small pieces
– 1/2 vanilla pod – seeds scraped out or 1 tsp vanilla essence
– 1x 397g tin of condensed milk
– 400ml double cream
1) In a large bowl, mix together the chocolate spread, crushed oreos, vanilla, and condensed milk so it is thoroughly combined
2) In a separate bowl whip the double cream up to soft peaks and until it holds itself
3) Carefully fold the cream into the other ingredients in the other bowl – the mixture colour will become lighter and fluffier from the cream – try not to beat too much of the air out as the whipped cream will help give it an irresistible texture
4) Pour into a freezer proof container, or loaf tin and cover with clingfilm – freeze for at least 6-8 hours or over night – and then ENJOY!!
Tips and Ideas
I would often serve this ice-cream in a brandy snap bowl with a couple of chocolate wafer curls, or with an extra few Oreo’s to scoop it up with – its completely up to you.
If you used Nutella, you could easily add a few chopped hazelnuts to the recipe to give it a bit of extra crunch and gorgeous nuttiness!
P.s. You might want to eat the whole tub yourself, so be careful not to be left alone with it..!